Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Project Supervisor Check-In

Week 12

This week had a two-fold purpose. Not only did I continue to document/scan the remaining archive materials, I had a meeting with Sophia to review the status of my project so far. Before our meeting, I spent a fair amount of time working on the website. I uploaded a majority of the scanned files to the site, so I could give her a realistic idea of where the project was so far. I also did a bit more cosmetic work on the site: added widgets, menu options, etc. Once again, the original River Forest Public website was instrumental in directing the look of my own site.

My meeting with Sophia went very well. She was very enthusiastic about the work I had done so far, and thrilled with the files that I had uncovered and uploaded online. We also went through the materials I believed we should keep off the site (see Week 10 for more information), and she agreed we should document them, but not upload them. We also brainstormed adding more detail to the site: including a “Spotlight” and “Did You Know?” section, adding blurbs of information to introduce the materials, etc. Sophia really gave me the opportunity to play with the structure of the site, and she seemed pleased with the ideas I presented.

I also spent more time scanning/documenting the remaining materials. With two weeks left, I still have a little over two boxes to go through, so I’ll be busy next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment